Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No more wasting time!

Ok Kendra, I'm just gonna start blogging without having to put serious time and thought into what I write. Because usually it would take me a few hours to write a post... thinking of what to say, organizing it, giving it a purpose, changing it, concluding it.

But since you're the one of two who will ever read this, I'll just write. Hokay? :)

So when I went to the gynecologist yesterday, even worse than the purpose of the visit was the normal blood pressure and weigh-in session. Ugh. I got off the scale as quick as I could! But it hit me pretty hard. Not only am I the heaviest I've ever been, my blood pressure was a little high! (Ok so the nurse said it was probably because I was a little nervous - is anybody really comfortable going to the gyno? But still!)

No more wasting time. I have to start being healthier. Unlike you Kendra, I can't do the running thing. Can't because I choose not to. But we do have a mini workout room at the Baptist church in town, free for anyone, and I've been a few times. But I'm going to start going regularly. Hopefully I can get Ross to go with me but he doesn't like being rushed - and to do it, we will be rsuhed. But I'm going to do it regardless! Yesterday I stocked up on the quick, low-cal meals and snacks and fruit. That way I can have time to make lunch, not eat the kind of stuff Ross does that are not be-healthier-foods (of course he's never had to think about weight his whole life), and eat snacks when I feel like it that aren't going to keep me from losing weight!

Last night we had our last small group time with the Truth Project. A little disappointing that it's over, but now we get to become group leaders and do it all over with a new group! The Truth Project is a DVD series intended for small group to watch and discuss over 12 weeks. From the moment the first session started, I was hooked! I would love to talk about what it is but I just couldn't do it justice. Check out the website for yourself: http://www.thetruthproject.org/ I think every person who has any desire to follow Christ should be a part of it.

And now I have a new fun thing to do: 101 things in 1001 days. I love lists! But there's no way I'll finish it today so hopefully I'll have a good chunk of it down for next time.

2 comments:

  1. HAH! I knew I could hook you :)
    And yeah, if you hadn't noticed, most of the time, there's no rhyme or reason to my posts, I just get on and start typing them! But naturally, you being the over achiever that you are, approach it like one of Mr. Lorenz' essays :)
    Haha!
    But I'm excited for your list! I can't wait to see what you put on it! Probably a lot more meaningful stuff than I did b/c you're deep like that :)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of Mr. Lorenz, I saw him Sunday! His wife is the best, I get so excited when I see her! And really he's a pretty good guy too. :)

    ReplyDelete