Thursday, March 5, 2009

If I don't do something remotely mind-engaging, I'm going to fall asleep (it's already happened a couple times). So I guess that means it's time to blog.

I had another pregnant dream last night. I've had way too many to count lately. And of course, Callie's pregnant, Niki's pregnant with #3, Audra just had #4, Tiffany's pregnant with #2, Patsy's telling me she's had dreams about me being pregnant and apparently her dreams are pretty prophetic. And I've talked to lots of women lately who got pregnant on birth control, without missing a pill or doing anything wrong. Ahh these things make me nervous!

Here's the latest exciting idea for Ross's and my future... without including babies any time soon! Jill threw an idea at me and I LOVE it. It involves traveling, living in another country (very possibly Latin American), being near good friends, and doing work that we WANT to do. Not to say that Ross isn't doing what he wants to do, just me. Hence blogging about doing something else with my life as I sit, bored at work.

It's called the HIM program. Helpers In Missions. You do mission work alongside an established missionary for 2 years. Me, Ross, Jill, and Thomas would love to go and work together. After the 2 years, figure out what we'd want to do from there. I would LOVE to do it with Susie in La Carpio, Costa Rica. There is such awesome work going on there and I've been there and been a part of it and seen how God is working through them to reach a poverty-ridden neighborhood of immigrants. Of course there are plenty of other places we could go and that one is not very likely, but as I imagine all of this working out, that's what I see in my head. La Carpio. Sharing a small house with Jill and Thomas in the neighborhood, or buying some farm land just across the bridge. Growing a community garden and sharing it with everyone. Raising chickens or cows and sharing their produce. Playing soccer with the kids, teaching the young mothers all that they missed out on learning because they couldn't go to school, helping at the clinic for the people who can't make it into the city for health care, helping them become legal residents so they can take care of their families, buying tortillas from the ladies on the streets and sharing a part of their lives, teaching and learning and growing together in God's love.

Well, I'm awake now. And I'll be thinking of Costa Rica for a while now...

No comments:

Post a Comment