Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Motherhood

In just a few days, my sweet little girl will be 3 months old. I suddenly commiserate with parents who are watching their babies graduate high school and leave their home for the first time in 18 years. Is 18 years long enough to hold them and see them every day and have them close and kiss them goodbye when they go off to school?

One day at a time...

Well, today I'm watching Naomi play in her exersaucer. She loves to stand up and stretch out her legs, and since mama and daddy can't hold her up all the time, the exersaucer takes over now and then. She holds her little head up and smiles and coos and I can hardly take my eyes off her to stop and write... But one day I'll want to remember what these days were like, so I take my eyes off her just long enough to write.

Some of my favorite things about life now...

1. Her smile. When I catch her gaze and she smiles at me, I melt. I don't hesitate to make a fool out of myself just to get a little grin.

2. Waking up next to her. She burrows against my side to sleep and stays there all night. I get to wake up to her peaceful, beautiful face every morning. And then when she wakes up, she stretches, groans, toots, and yawns over and over.

3. Watching Ross with her. Especially when he's been at work all day and comes home to us, he loves to play with her and make her smile. She's so lucky to have him for her Daddy.

Thank you, Lord, for entrusting your precious child to us to love, hold, teach, and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment