It's funny what happens to you when you read a book. Especially a long book or a series of books.
But even more strnage to me is what happens when you finish the book.
I just finished reading all 7 Harry Potter books for the second time. I was there from the time he turned 11 till he defeated Voldemort just before he turned 18. I was a part of the world of Hogwarts, wizards and witches and muggles, quidditch, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Gryffindor, Dumbledore and Snape, brooms and wands, for 7 years. I was there when he met Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. I was there for everything. I cheered them on as they fought Voldemort, and cried when the people they loved died. I shook my head when Harry got caught up in his pride and anger and hoped that Dumbledore would come through for him.
And then suddenly, after thousands of pages and countless hours... it was over. Yes, I did find out what happens later in their lives, but only enough to keep me wondering. It's like suddenly losing contact with a best friend, a friend you spent all your time with, then seeing them again years later for a brief moment just to hear that they're "doing fine."
JK, I know you've said many times that the last book was the last book. But I'm afraid you're going to have to keep going. I miss Harry, Hermione, and Ron and I need more.
That's all, thanks. :)
yay for updates! And I totally agree. I haven't read it a second time though... maybe I should. Love y'all!
ReplyDelete-Lani
your comment section is weird.
ReplyDelete