Today we got a big surprise when we got to hear the heartbeat at our midwife visit. Inexpressible joy. :) As my midwife was rolling the little monitor over my belly, she asked me if I had any sense of where exactly the baby was at that moment. At first I thought, "Nope. Not a clue." But then I remembered I'd been feeling some strange sensations on one side, so I let her know that. Sure enough, there was Baby, heart pounding away! I just can't wait to be able to feel the moving around and kicks and be able to share with Ross so he can feel it too.
It is such fun getting to share our news with family and friends! I can only imagine how exciting it will be to get to announce to everyone when Baby is born... "It's a ____ and ___ name is ____!" Since we don't plan to find out if it's a boy or girl until the day we meet face to face, it will be an exciting surprise.
To any new or recent mothers out there, I would LOVE to have some suggestions on what kind of products you found helpful with your little one(s). Especially when it comes to the basics (since we don't want a bunch of unnecessary stuff), what brands/types did you like best and why? What were some things that you were really glad to have on hand? What things were a waste of money, or at least not useful for you in particular?
No comments:
Post a Comment